Tuesday, February 28, 2012

stuffed peppers

While I was sitting at work last Friday afternoon, I realized that Nick would be coming for dinner and I would have to cook something to eat. I then realized that the meal I had originally planned to eat alone (salad, carrots, yogurt, and some celery) would not be up to hungry boy's standards. So the hunt for a decent meal began. I opened up my file, in my head, of Nick's favorite meals and one jumped out at me - stuffed peppers! Oh.my.gosh!

So I made this recipe from Southern Food. Nick's one modification to the recipe would be that we add more cheese into the dish by sprinkling some in as you fill the peppers. It was a huge hit overall though :) Nick even begged me to take the leftovers so he could show off my cooking skills to all of his coworkers yesterday.

There is something about stuffed peppers that screams home to me. I think it is because my grandmother used to make them and they were always amazing! So making these made me feel like a piece of something because I was making something that my grandmother and my mom made a lot when I was younger! Plus it makes me feel more like a "home maker!" It's so funny how much can change in a little bit of time. A few months ago I never saw myself living on my own and cooking stuffed peppers on a Friday night, but here I am and I'm loving it!!

1 comment:

  1. Looking good! Still can't believe you did it- that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love! xoxo