Sunday, February 12, 2012

gold, glitter, and chevron

What better thing to do than a craft on a lazy Sunday?! And I know that you're thinking of one that involves lots and lots of glitter!!! Well you are in luck friends because I have an easy DIY project for you today! I saw this on Pinterest and had to try it out for my apartment :)

Materials:
Towel/Newspaper
Canvas
Mod Podge
Gold Glitter
Paint Brush
Sealant Spray Paint
Painters Tape
White paint (optional)

Step one: Find a place to work... on the floor - grab a towel. on a table - grab newspaper!
 Okay so I don't know how to tell you to do the first step honestly because 1: I'm good at math and mapped it out and 2: it kinda just worked out for me regardless of my plan. But somehow - you need to map out how far apart your lines will be... good luck! I decided to put a skinny line at the bottom because it looked silly without it - so that's how my plan changed.
 Tape out the lines on your canvas. Painters tape is ideal... all I had was gorilla tape so I used that! Just something that will stick to the canvas and not let the glitter underneath.
 Spread Mod Podge over one section of a time and then dump glitter onto it. Be generous! Go section by section. Knock off the glitter in between and dump back into your container.
 Let it dry for an hour or so. I couldn't wait and pulled my off before that - and it was fine!
 There were some areas were the gorilla tape didn't come off so I had to take white paint and go over it but it actually turned out better when I went over all the blank areas with white. But that part is optional - if you use painters tape you shouldn't have a problem!
 Spray with the sealant and then set it somewhere to dry overnight and for a day or two!
Hang it up where everyone can see it and compliment your handy work!

There you go friends :) and I only had to get the sealant because I used things that I already had so this barely cost me anything to make! And it was really fun to make. This girl can never have enough glitter in her life :)

1 comment:

  1. Really cute and fits your personality!! -Jess :)

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love! xoxo