Wednesday, February 15, 2012

like a child

I'm studying to be an elementary teacher. So I know that part of the job is answering questions that students ask me. Whenever I'm babysitting or just hanging out with kids I am constantly answering questions about why things are the way they are. I love the minds of young children and the limitless amount of creative and unique questions that they come up with! I also think that children have a very special and unique relationship with God. I began to know and understand God as my Lord and Savior when I was 4 years old. Children see things that adults miss because they are too stuck on lots of other things they think are more important in life. Children are trusting, they love to be held, they are dependent, they are open, and their love is so incredibly pure, real, and unconditional. Jesus wants us to approach our life with Him in a way that young children do. And they ask the most interesting and thought provoking questions!

And I will serve God every day by serving His children...
not matter where that takes me!
Zambia, Africa (2004 and 2005)
Temuco, Chile (2006)
Labadee, Haiti (2011)

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these. Matthew 19:14

1 comment:

  1. Loved the Dear God series- so cute! And your pictures- look how young you were in some of them. Can't wait for the photo shoot blog!!

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love! xoxo