Saturday, October 22, 2011

Made in America

Hit play then read. Do it.

Toby Keith released this song in early summer '11.
My boyfriend and I jammed out to it all summer long.
And then Nick saw a special by Diane Sawyer.
Her focus was "Made in America."
Read this excerpt from her show and website:
"The facts show that our nation is addicted to imports. In 1960, foreign goods made up just 8 percent of Americans' purchases. Today, nearly 60 percent of everything we buy is made overseas.
On air and online, we'll tackle the key questions: Is buying American-made more expensive? What staples are no longer manufactured in the U.S. at all? And what difference would it make if everyone promised to buy more American-made products?
There's no question that manufacturing still has a major impact on our economy and on the nation's workforce. The United States has fewer manufacturing jobs now than we did in 1941, the same year as the attack on Pearl Harbor, but if every American spent an extra $3.33 on U.S.-made goods, it would create almost 10,000 new jobs in this country."
Okay so needless to say - I'm working on buying American these days.
I mean we all want to get out of this economic crisis,
and if we can create more jobs, I'm all for it!
So Nick is kinda the stickler with this challenge.
He always checks my tags on things,
picks American brands over foreign brands, and will pay more for it.
And I'm actually catching myself doing it more and more.

I haven't done too much research on this,
but I'm game from what I've heard and feel as an American.
We need more American pride these days.
So say the pledge of allegiance a little more,
hang the flag outside your house,
and buy American!!!

It does cost more sometimes to buy American.
However, I think it is totally worth it to do it now and then
[if you don't/can't do it all the time].

Go [here] to sign up for Diane Sawyer's challenge.
Hey, it can't hurt right!
Show some American pride friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love! xoxo