Saturday, October 8, 2011

Half Marathon

[half marathon training, when I grow up, workout tips]

The calm before the storm.
Monday I start my training for a half marathon.
I have two months to get completely in shape for this run.
My brother gave me a plan; I found a buddy.
And Monday I begin the intense daily running.

I'm not completely out of shape but not like I used to be.
I was in sports all my life; basketball. soccer. lacrosse.
I could run miles and miles and not think twice about it.
That would not be the case anymore.

However, I have a long term goal.
I will get in amazing shape within the next year.
I want to be in the best shape of my life.
This is who I want to be when I grow up:
JILLIAN MICHAELS.

She's amazing and I love her dvds -she rocks a hot bod.
So I'm going to continue her dvds and do the half marathon too.
Workout overload. But soo worth it!

Anyways,
all the races were too expensive though.
So the weekend before my birthday
I am going to devote the morning to running it.

Details:
Date = December 10.
Participants = Me.
Place = Bucks County.
Time = Morning.

Let the fun times begin!
Thanks to my running buddy
and my brother for the plan :)

WORKOUT TIPS:
1. Get Motivated: find what motivated you inside and out
2. Get a Buddy: working out with a friend is always better
3. Get a Routine: a habit is made after 30 days - so get a routine
4. Push Yourself: go a little longer and harder than the day before
5. Rest: don't go over the top and forget to rest and take a day off
6. Have Fun: do zumba, yoga, pilates - anything that you will enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love! xoxo