Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hats?!

Let me back it up a few months...
England. Royal Family. April. Twenty-ninth. Wedding. Hats.
Everyone was talking about what dresses and hats would be there.
[and those who opted out on wearing a hat looked naked.]
It is a tradition in England to wear a hat when going out.
Let's look at Duchess Catherine...
because I love her and her impeccable style!




Wow. Those are some pretty amazing hats!

But now to the reason for this post - 
Should Christian women being wearing hats to church?!
It says in the text that woman are to cover their heads during worship.
Is it cultural and we can ignore that?
Or should we literally wear hats or head coverings to church?
Some of the older generation still does... should the younger?

I discussed this in my Bible class the other day.
It was very interesting to follow it up with my parents later.
I feel like Americans just don't live in that world anymore.
But is that wrong? Should we be more formal?
Should we be more literal in our Bible translations?
Can we ignore that passage because of our "culture?"
However, our culture isn't right about a lot of things though...
Thoughts? Comments? Reactions?
[don't forget support for your position - pet peeve!]


So does anyone think hats will come to America soon??
I definitely would consider them if I had hats like Katherine!



ps. not gonna happen:
FASHION FAILURE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love! xoxo