Thursday, April 11, 2013

their precious hearts

All nine of my littles warm my heart every single day.

I love seeing them waddle like penguins down the hallway to stay quiet.
I love it when they ask to hold my hand and give it a squeeze while we walk.
I love how they bring in rocks to show their friends because we're studying rocks.
I love hearing them giggle and smile ear to ear about something funny.
I love watching them swing their feet on a chair because they can't touch the floor.
I love how "nicely" they remind me to say or do something I forgot.
I love when they hand over all the items in their pockets with just one look.
I love playing outside with them (I even get out on the field and play soccer)!
I love when they tell me they want to read because Miss Reed likes to read! ;)
I love their minds and how they try to express their feelings and thoughts.

And as if it couldn't get any cuter than that...
I love how sweetly they sing songs to Jesus and dance all over the room.
I love when they tell me Bible stories and ask thoughtful questions about God.
I love how they fold their hands and talk to God so innocently during prayer time.
I love their little hearts and how much they love each other every day.


These things make the bad days a little brighter and the good days wonderful
because these nine littles know the way right to my heart. <3


And just to make you laugh this was a conversation between me and 2 students:
Student: "How old are you Miss Reed?"
Me: "Old enough to be your teacher."
Student: "Wow! So you're ten?!"
Me: "No... I'm older than your sister." (Who is ten)
Student: "Oh so like 20?"
Me: [thinking... now what?!] "No. I'm old enough that I'm almost done college."
Student: "Okay. I don't know how old you are in college though."
Student #2: "She's like 40!!!"
Me: [in horror] "Um no. I'm not 40 bud."
Student #2: "Okay... so 50?!"
Me: "I am NOT 50 years old! But I'm older than you." (changed subject)


My littles have no concept of age so I won't hold it against them that they said I was 50 years old! And it definitely made me laugh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love! xoxo