Tuesday, April 30, 2013

after care

Every Tuesday after school my cooperating teacher and I watch a few of the littles until their parents can come and pick them up. So today I tell them to all find something to play with and about two minutes after they start they ask, "Miss Reed, can we practice our math with the fraction circles?" Music. To. My. Ears. "Yes!!! Of course you can, loves!" So now I'm can't stop laughing because they're taking turns pretending to be me teaching them math.

Here is the how I talk during math according to my second graders:
"I love how Jenny is sitting so quietly."
"I know your birthday party is tomorrow, Sam. Yes, I'm coming to the park for cake!"
"Who can  help me with this fraction?"
"I love how you're sitting."
"Go move your name down, Liam."
"Maybe you can try the fraction this way."
"I like the way Ben is sitting."
"Here is your prize for doing fraction circles and listening."
"Go put your name up to 'Outstanding' because I love the way you're acting today!"
"You can go out to recess now!"
"Wait! It's present time! Here is one for you, and you, and you..."
"I love the way Carly is sitting."
"Yes, you can have a hug."



And my favorite "Miss Reed" quote:
"I brought pizza for the whole class!!!"

You learn a lot when kids play teacher!!


*All names have been changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love! xoxo