Thursday, April 18, 2013

hide-and-go-seek

Today one of my precious littles was sitting all alone at recess. He didn't want to play in the sandbox because he hated sand in his shoes; he wanted to play football (soccer) but the balls were all taken; so he sat all alone in a little house. Heart breaking. So I sat with him and we talked about his new house and how he was wearing all blue and what other games we could play together. Then another little came up to me and said he was bored too... perfect!!!

So we started to play hide-and-go-seek.

At first it was just me and the two boys. But by the time I counted to 20 about ten more littles had joined in! I had the entire group of littles, first through fifth grade, playing a huge game of hide-and-go-seek with me by the end of recess. We ran around and hid in bushes; we giggled and laughed until someone found us; we ran to the base to win the round. But the best part was all the memories and smiles we shared! :)

So even thoughI have a bad day every now and then, these are the days that remind me why I love what I do and why I continue to travel the world to teach littles. I just love my littles and all the joy they bring my life! I think I could be a little at heart forever :)


And as if my day couldn't get any better... today was Poem in My Pocket Day! So my littles have been working on their own poems all week, and today they read them for the Elementary School students and parents. They wrote wonderful poems and used their big voices! I was so so proud of all of them and clapped my hands off for each of them! Heart melting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love! xoxo