Thursday, September 29, 2011

Facials


So this post isn't about Thrifty Thursdays. That's tomorrow. Confusing  - I know. But today is Facial "Friday" because I want it to be Friday and you can all do this great facial on Friday. Hannah and I found this one day when we wanted to make our own facials. We fell in love! The website we found was super great in giving facials for any type of skin or any type of facial you are in need of. I'm definitely giving myself a facial this weekend, so here are my favorites:

Before: Make sure you wash your face before you do anything! You want to start off with a clean face so you aren't getting any of the dirt deeper into your pores. The goal is to cleanse, exfoliate, and rejuvenate! [without going to the spa]


Pre-facials: Put your hair up; put a thick headband in (you don't want this stuff in your hair); clean off your sink;  get some towels ready....


Ready, Set, GO!

1. Wash your face. 
Wash with whatever products you have or with warm water and gentle soap.


2. Exfoliate

Ingredients:
2 tbsp fine oatmeal
2 tbsp plain yogurt
1 tbsp almond oil

Directions:

Place the oatmeal in a bowl and mix in the yogurt and almond oil. Leave to sit for a few minutes to allow the oatmeal soften. Gently massage the mixture into your face and neck for about five minutes, avoiding the area directly around the eyes. Wash off with warm water.

3. Avocado Face Mask
Ingredients:
half ripe avocado
1 tbsp lemon juice (normal or oily skin)
1 egg yolk (normal to dry skin)
1 tbsp plain yogurt
1 tsp olive or avocado oil

Directions:

Peel and mash the avocado half in a bowl
Beat in the remaining ingredients and use immediately.

Easy Peasy!!!!

I seriously love this facial combo! It made my face feel wonderful and the avocado was perfect right after I exfoliated with the gentle oatmeal. I have sensitive skin and I had no issue with these facials. Try it! You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love! xoxo