Thursday, September 1, 2011

Posh Style


So I want to talk fashion with you all. I think I'm going to start featuring different celebrities, average people, and royalty that have some amazing fashion taste and what we can learn from them! We'll try it out for a while - once a week - and see where this goes. Let me know what you think and if you want to see anyone in particular featured!

First up: the famous Victoria Beckham
[aka Posh Spice]
The other week I ordered Victoria Beckham's book That Extra Half an Inch: Hair, Heels and Everything In Between. And I fell in love. Her style. Her stores. Her pictures. Her ideas. Her critiques. Her inspiration. Her life. All of it and more fall into these pages! I have always loved Victoria's fashion and have followed her off and on over the years. I mean come on her hubby is beeeautiful! And her kids are adorable too. [So maybe I love the family.] Anyways, we all know she's from England and moved in California so her man could play soccer. Most of us grew up with her being Posh Spice from Spice Girls! So I guess my love for her started back when she Posh and in one of the most amazing girl bands from my youth. 


David and Victoria Beckham

Her hair: Long. Short. Brunette. Blonde. She does it all, and well. She's had the short edgy bob for a while and it's her thing now, but there is no denying she looks great no matter what hair style or what color. So what can we learn: Great hair goes a long way and can be the final touch to any look. So invest in some good hair products and ditch the ponytails. Rock the hair you have and don't be afraid to switch it up.








Her shoes: Victoria was quoted once saying "I cannot think without heels..." Hence - the heels. Her book that I just got That Extra Half an Inch is referring to heels. The higher, bolder,sexier...the better. I heard rumors of a future eight inch heel?! That's craziness if you ask me, but if anyone can rock that -it's Posh. So what can we learn: Spice up that boring outfit with a cute heel. It doesn't have to be five inches - but a good two or three inch heel does wonders for your outfit. Your legs and butt will thank you in long run ladies! 

















Her sunglasses: Posh always wear them extra-large. She never goes anywhere with out a pair of her favorite glasses. Most celebrities have great glasses because they are always having their pictures taken. However, Victoria just always has the right pair for her outfit. They add a little edge and spark to her look. So what can we learn: Don't be afraid to add an accessory that can light a spark for your look. I personally love big sunglasses and can relate to Victoria. But find what glasses look best on you - with your cheek bones and hair - and work it!






















Her colors: She's classic: black and white. She takes the little black dress with her everywhere - to work, to parties, and everything in between. The same for her in white. It look great on her slim figure. She knows her body well and what looks good on it. Add both colors: it's pure success [bottom picture is ahhh-mazing]. So what we can learn: Little black dresses never go out of style. A longer hem for work and a shorter one to play in. White has to be worn carefully because it is less forgiving. Don't be afraid to try white jeans or a white coat - but it doesn't hide the flaws as well as black does. Dress for your body type - not anyone else's.

To sum it up in one word - details.
It is all in the details my friends.

So basically, Posh is chic and lovely with a spark of edginess. She is always on top of fashion and her style is to die for. Of course very few of us have the money to spend on clothes like she does, but I hope some of these tips can turn your closet into your own version of Posh! Here are two of my favorite shots: America's most gorgeous couple and their family (minus baby Harper - whom I'm dying to see)!


No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love! xoxo