Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Spicy

How-To Spice Up Any Old Outfit! I love adding a little extra bit of spice to any outfit. So I'm bring you some of the best tips I received on how to add a little extra bit of spiciness to your outfits my loves. Enjoy and be bold!


1. Makeup. It definitely adds that extra pop for any outfit. Red lips or smokey eyes are wonderful for pulling a look together. Sydney from the The Daybook was over at How Does She? explaining great lip stick options. I am on a hunt for the perfect red and nude lip stick thanks to Miss Sydney! Tiffany from TiffanyD is my makeup go to girl for everything! She has great tutorials for every makeup trick there is so that will explain why I love her smokey eye. Pick one. Use it.
2. Scarves. This is my all time favorite accessory for spicing up any outfit. It adds that little extra bit of dimension, color, print, and spice. There are so many ways to wear a scarf, so you have to be willing to experiment and copy.

    
All of these scarves are from Forever 21. They all add great texture and color to any outfit! I have a scarf obsession and am looking to add all of these to my collection asap.

3. Belts. This would be the second largest accessory in my closet [first being scarves]. A belt can do a lot for an outfit. It can help give you that womanly hourglass shape, make a loose or big shirt look cute and pulled together, pull two completely separate pieces together seamlessly, and adds a little bit of spice of course.



    

 1. Katherine: Her dress was loose and her belt pulls it in to give her the perfect hourglass. I find her style to be just ahh-mazing. [more on her later]
2. Cori: She uses her belt to add a little extra color and spice to her outfit.
3. Sydney: She uses her belt to pull 2 separate pieces together and adds to her waist. She also uses it to pull different parts of the outfit together.
4. Lucy: She used her belt to add that hourglass shape but also tied it for style.
All three of these lovely ladies pulled their outfits together beautifully with a belt.

4. Cardigans. Okay this is a must for your closet. I love pairing a cardigan with a plain tee shirt and adding belts or scarves or jewelry to spice it up. But overall, the cardigan can really add a lot to an outfit. It adds layers and dimension. It can also add a pop of color. All of these models wear cardigans that add color, have a spice of details or for warmth [it's fall people and just because it's fall doesn't mean you can't be cute!]



5. Mix and Match. PUT THEM TOGETHER! I love pairing a scarf and belt together in a different and unique way. Obviously I pair bold makeup with many different combos. And and cardi and a belt - you can never go wrong.


In summary: Don't be afraid to try something out. I keep trying different combos out. Some work and some don't. But I hate bland outfits and always am looking for that extra spice. Let me know what tips you found helpful and have tried :)


Note: the pictures in the post gave me an awful time. sorry that they aren't lined up and perfect. I did my best. kthanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love! xoxo