Saturday, September 17, 2011

Post-it Note

So if you've been following my blog you know that I love things to be organized. I wrote about how I've been branching out into the creative side of me the other day, but it is still hard at times to drop the organization and be messy and creative. So needless to say - I love post-its. Everything about them screams ahhh-mazing to me! I keep them in everything so that I can write on one if I need to at any moments notice.


One day last year my friends and I were talking about how sometimes we want God to write up a post-it note because we don't know what to do or what God wants us to do, and a post-it note from God would solve all our problems. And since I love post-its - I would love a post-it with directions from God on a daily basis. However, that is not how God works [still praying on it though].

However, I have started to realize that God sends me little post-it notes in little ways every day. The other day in church in sent me one that I really needed. My pastor was talking about putting God first in every thing we do. He was talking about how we can get so caught up in our lives that we forget or choose not to give God all of us. I was really challenged during this talk because so many times I can get so caught up in my life and doing my own thing that is planned out by me - that I forget to let God have His hand in my plans. Organization and planning is definitely my control area my of life. When things are spinning out of control, I make a plan and then can control it better. And that makes me happy.

But I have that all wrong. My pastor really challenged us to think about an area of our life that we held on to and didn't let God have, and it's kind of ironic that I'm considering this a post-it note from God because the post-it note says:

God is challenging me constantly in this area. I am a type A person. Plans and organization means a lot to me. I mean the clothes in my closet are in color order [I was into ombre way before it was popular]. So I realized that God was sending me a massive post-it that during this year at school He is going to be throwing me some curve balls, and I'm going to have to rely solely on Him to get me through this year of school. He already has to be honest. I have had my four years of school planned out [what classes to take when and where]. This past week I found out that my plans need to be altered. I'm in a slight panic over that because this might add more classes to my already full spring load, or I have to take three classes this summer. However, I am trusting in Him that He sent me this post-it note for a reason.

I can't say that I'm perfect at it yet; I am working on it every day though. I am doing my best to remember that God's timing is always the best timing. He has a much better plan for my life than I could ever plan out. I hope that you learned a little bit more about God and yourself while reading this because the ultimate goal of this blog is to bring glory to God. I loved my post-it note last week from God and look forward to blogging about His next one!

Homework: My pastor always challenges us with "homework" at the end of his sermons. So I am going to give you a little bit of homework. Reflect on your life and ask God was it is that you are keeping from Him. Surrender that area of your life to Him and work on it. It is not going to happen over night, but I challenge you to promise to God that you will work on it. Research says that it takes 30 days to make something a habit. So make this your new habit for a month, and work on it every single day.

Pray, read the Bible, and talk with others about what you are struggling with so they can encourage you and lift you up. I am always here to talk to as well. Email me [alittlethis.that@yahoo.com] or leave a comment with your email and I'll email you! I would love to help any one in making their relationship with God stronger and better!

Thanks for baring with me folks! I hope that you enjoyed this because I loved writing this post. Look for post-it notes from God: [they are everywhere!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love! xoxo