Sunday, August 21, 2011

End of summer shabang



I love the beach. Everything about it screams home to me.
The salt water. The sand that gets everywhere. The sea breeze.
The stupid birds I scream at when they get too close (creepy things).
The people that make me feel better about myself via their outfits. 
The seafood. The ice cream. The pizza. The popcorn.
The late nights and early mornings. The family. The friends.
To sum it up: the memories are always amazing and priceless.

This past weekend my boyfriend's uncle and aunt invited us down to their beach house they rented for the weekend. 12 of us piled in cars at 6am and made our way to Ocean City New Jersey yesterday morning. It was our last big shabang for the summer for 2011.  We had to do it up right! And boy did we ever. We hit up Uncle Bill's Pancake House for breakfast! If you ever go to the beach you have to go there. We of course went to the beach all day! Sand, surf and sun all day :) The water was so fun and the beach games were perfect. I started a new book and love finding sand in the pages days later. For dinner, we went to Mike's Seafood, and it was one of the best dinner I've had all summer! Ever in Sea Isle - look it up! Our night ended by walking on the boards and going on the Ferris Wheel at closing. Some card games, porch convos, and late night snacks finished our perfect day off. Today we relaxed, walked the boards some more, watched the rain clouds, and ate ice cream while people watching. Our car ride home today saw lots of traffic and rain but there were plenty of cds filled with great jams to pass the time! I have blonder hair and some nice tan/red lines today, but I couldn't have asked for a better weekend of memories with family and friends:)

Now I'm packing up my life, again, and moving back to school this week.
(This year with a few less of  my best friends (boo) but a great roomie!)
And let me just say it is a pain in my butt. I hate packing/unpacking.
It's awful. But more on packing, moving and relocating my life later.

Today - I'm enjoying one last dinner with my mom, dad and boyfriend.
Steak, potatoes, grilled veggies and Rita's for dessert :) hollaaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love! xoxo