Friday, March 9, 2012

social media

When I was six people could barely use their email addresses.
Fast-forward fifteen years.... we got the email thing down pat.
We even experimented with myspace and some other types of media.
Now, I have 3 email accounts, facebook, twitter, intagram, pinterest, and a blog.
I am a single person and am connected that the internet through all these ways.

It is insane.

Why do we have social media?
Do we tweet because of ourselves?
Mostly like the answer is no.
We tweet for others to read what we have to say.
So we keep social media alive by engaging in it.
We are thriving off of each other in bizarre ways.
Why do we pin things on pinterest?
So other people can see our cool stuff or things we want.
Why do we have to be connected to everything?
Is all of this social media necessary?

Myself and others have been discussing this topic.
And just when I'm ready to throw in the towel,
something hits me that I realize I need to share.
Tomorrow I have something that needs media attention!
Come back and see something that needs our help
and our attention - and social media is the best option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love! xoxo