Sunday, March 17, 2013

our first date

Today I had my very first date with Mr. Prague,
and boy did he show me a great time today!!
He took me all over the city and showed me
just a taste of what he has to offer me.
I plan on honeymooning with him for the
next two months so today was a quick trip.
He even woke me up to this view today:

Wait... let me back up and tell you about
when I first saw him and how my jaw dropped.
It was from the air and I spotted him through
my very awesome 13A airplane window.
I was wearing day old clothes and it was dusk.
But he was breath taking - every single ounce.
The red clay roofs. The snow white fields.
The beauty just seemed to ooze from his veins.
But there was a sense of years of knowledge too.
Then he gave me a brief glimmer of what was to come
when he showed me the sun setting just behind the
Prague Castle that watches over the Vltava every day.
That my friends was when I really thought it was love.
(Below was my view today because I missed the snap last night)


Then today we had our first real date and it was magical!!!
We went to church together and that was an amazing time.
The International Church of Prague was filled with sweet people
and I even got to meet the family I will stay with after next week.
Then we took a stroll through a unique Czech Easter market
and tried some yummy Czech and Polish foods! We even took
a healthy route and had pineapple, pear and lime juice mixers.


Then we did a whirlwind of a trip through New Town and Old Town Prague!
The people are quiet and covered in blacks, grays, and other dark hues.
The buildings are filled with secrets and memories from hundreds of years ago.
He showed me just a glimpse of all these wonderful things and promised me
that he will tell and show me more every day - when we're both ready.






















We spent the entire today together - me and Mr. Prague.
He even danced with me under the shimmering twinkles!
I definitely had the best first date a girl could ask for,
and I can't wait to get to know him better....
 

Tomorrow I'm off to meet the littles that I will have the pleasure
of loving on and teaching over the next several weeks!!
So say a prayer for me as I begin this next whirlwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love! xoxo