Thursday, September 27, 2012

i believe...

I have seen a few posts around the blogosphere that have been entitled "what i believe..." and I felt like today would be a good day to write about this because it's rainy and I'm stuck inside.
I believe in making a wish at 11:11, when I blow my candles out, and on a shooting star. Because even though I'm not 5 anymore, saying my wishes to myself makes me remember what it is like to be a kid again. However, it also reminds me of what my dreams are in life.

I believe in retail therapy. Now don't go thinking that I'm all materialistic because I'm not. I like to buy things for others as well as myself. But sometimes retail therapy is the best way to get over my crisis and I believe wholeheartedly that sometimes a new pair of shoes, a necklace, a new scarf, or a gift for a friend is the only way to break out of my funk. Oh, and it benefits my wardrobe and no girl can complain about that.

I believe in education. I might think that America's education system is not the best way to educate our children, but I still think that education is essential. I believe that reading to your children is the best way to jump start their education. I believe that good teachers make the world go round. I believe in higher education because there is always more for you to learn. I believe that educating yourself in basically every general area is something that is priceless and you will never regret. And if you want to learn a little more about our education system and the areas that I believe need to be changed in order to help our children, watch Waiting for Superman. 

I believe that facebook is out and twitter is in. Get with the times friends.

I believe in keeping in classy. Girls need to stop thinking that more is better and calm it down. Our culture keeps telling girls that fewer morals and more skin is the way to a boy's heart. Well I want to let you know that I landed my man with plenty of morals and tons of skin covered. It is possible - promise! So keep it classy ladies because everyone around you will thank you and you will love yourself more for it.

I believe in running. Healthy body + healthy mind + healthy habits = healthy life.

I believe that passive aggressiveness is one of the worst traits a person can possess. I keep my distance from it because I believe in being direct and honest (and being nice about it too).

I believe that there is always a Karen in every group. - Dane Cook

I believe in friendship. I cannot imagine my life without my best friends. The ones who have stuck with me through thick and thin - they are family to me and I would do anything for them. I'm one of those people who will stand by my friends and be loyal to a tee. However, I'll be real and honest with my friends - always. Just ask them.

I believe in family and that home is where the heart is.

I believe that fresh air, salt water, and sand between my toes can fix any problem.

I believe that traveling is a priceless investment. I have traveled a lot and have some big plans coming up! Traveling is something that is extremely priceless because there is nothing more exciting than experiencing the culture, customs, food, language, and sights of a faraway land. I encourage everyone to get a passport and get outside of your country. There are 6 other continents and over 100 countries that you can visit - do it. Live life and make friends all around the world. You will never regret it!

I believe that Wawa is a little piece of Heaven.

And above all things, I believe in love. - Moulin Rouge


1 comment:

  1. I believe in you- and all that you stand for and live by make me grateful that you are a leader in your generation. The children in your classroom and the people in your life are blessed. I love you- Gigi

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love! xoxo