Thursday, November 10, 2011

sneakers

I posted before about training for a half marathon.
Didn't read it..forget... here you go - click.
Anyways...training is great! Thanks for asking :)
I have an amazing running partner!
I couldn't ask for a better girl to run with.
We challenge each other and have great girl talks.
You read that right - we can run 6 miles at race pace AND
chat the entire way about life! We're talented :)
We're so busy with school, work, volunteer hours, and life
but we always manage to get our workout in!
Plus it helps me get through my stressful weeks!
I've started a running and food log.
I know how far I run each day and what I eat every day, all day.
I write it all down so that it is constantly in front of me and I can look back.
This helps me to be training not only on my run, but before and after.
This journey has been more than I expected.
It's fun and relaxing but kind of time consuming...
but hey who doesn't wanna kick all the boys butts!
So every day I've been lacing up my black and pink nikes
and getting out there and running my heart out.
I don't regret a single workout I do - even when my legs are tired.
Tips if you run or are thinking about starting...
Good shoes are the key to success!
1. You need ones that fit your feet- everyone has
different feet so get someone to look at your walk/run
and assess what shoe will be the best for you.
[Go to a running store - NOT the mall people.]
2. Also get new ones every 6 months or 300 miles.
3. Fun color sneakers make wearing them better :)
4. The reason why I believe in good sneakers - 
you can't run if you mess up your feet.
So love those feet and take care of them!


Need some fitness motivation?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love! xoxo