Tuesday, November 1, 2011

my scar

I am very sorry for not being around in the past week.
This might have something to do with it.
The snowstorm that hit my area on October 29, 2011.
We got 8 inches. Lost tons of trees. Lost power. And had a trip to the ER.
I am one sore chica after moving trees and shoveling for hours.
My brudder gets to shovel the next storm. Nose goes!
[Below is my mailbox and the tree outside of my house.
Times this by 20 and that would be my neighborhood.]
I hope you understand my absence now!
That plus half marathon training and life has kept me away.
So sorry! But I'm back :)

Okay so onto the feature presentation:
MY SCAR.
No picture - don't worry.
I wouldn't do that to you.
But it isn't big or gross.

Okay we have to move to someone else in order to get to me.
So raise your hand if your Mama has a scar because of you.
[hand raised] oooh me me me! and probably many of you.
My Mama had to have a C-section with me and my brother.
She has a scar that shows she carried us for 9 months,
went through labor, and then was cut open for us.
That scar means she gave birth to me - but it means a lot more.
She read me stories, tucked me in, left little presents in my lunch,
wiped my tears, taught me to be a godly woman, taught me to drive,
went prom dress shopping with me, gets her nails done with me just because,
cooks amazing dinners, travels with me, and so so much more.
She has that scar as physical proof she is my Mama.
And I  know she wouldn't trade it for anything - I mean she has me:)

I'm only 20 and soon approaching 21.
Read about my 21 birthday goals here [click it].
I am a daughter, sister, girlfriend, friend, Christian, 
but I am not a Mama.
I don't bare the scar from having a C-section.
I do bare a scar on my stomach though.
And my passion and love for children caused that scar.
I went to Haiti this past March.
I went there to bring hope, love the children, and serve.
I went because God called me go there and provided for me.
I went because I wanted to show God's love to the Haitians.
While I was there I got a staph infection.
I won't go into details but the aftermath was awful and painful.
My doctor was wonderful but had open up the infection so it could heal.
[note: many sermon illustrations could come from this...]
And when all was said and done - a scar was left in its place.
It wasn't massive but it was a scar nonetheless.
And every single day I see it.
And every single day I remember Haiti.
I truly believe that my spiritual gift is working with children.
Ever since I can remember I have been drawn to young children,
and they have also been drawn to me. It is my gift from God.
I understand them differently and love them all the same.
So my scar is a reminder from God.
It reminds me of the children I long to hold again.
The naked babies I held and fed from bottles.
The toddlers I carried into the ocean for a dip.
The younger ones I played ball with in the dirt.
The older ones I let braid my blonde hair.
The families that let me love on their children.

It reminds me of who I am.
It reminds me of why I am here.
It reminds me of my distinct calling.
It reminds me where I want to go.
It reminds me to thank God daily.
And I wouldn't trade it for anything.


So I have a scar and most people do.
Does your scar have a story?
Something beyond "I fell a lot"?
I would love to hear your story!
Leave a comment or email me:)
[alittlethis.that@yahoo.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love! xoxo