Sunday, January 8, 2012

commitments

Happy New Year!
It's officially the year the world "will end."
2012 Commitments.
[I hate the word resolution.]

I hate how everyone is suppose to come up with resolutions,
and even though I hate it - I still do it because I always want to.
So this year since I did 21 things I decided to go lighter on the commitments.
I wanted to pick 5 things to really commit to because 2+0+1+2=5.

I wanted to do things this year that will become habits and roll into other years.
But make the commitments more realistic and less idealistic like years before.
I wanted to make some resolutions that really required hardcore commitment.
So drum roll please....

1. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
I want to do my part in going green.
I also don't want to spend an arm
and a leg in this new apartment.

2. Stop tailgating.
Some would think I was from Jersey...
nope I just have a need for speed and
it bugs me when people drive slow.
But I need to work on my tailgating.

3. Be healthy at least 70% of the time.
It's hard to do it constantly so
I aim to change enough of my habits
so that I'm healthy at least 70% of the time.
Therefore exercising and eating will be strict
but not insanely strict like before.

4. Be more patient.
I have high expectation of people and
become frustrated when I'm let down.
I'm working on it but this year I really
need to learn to be more patient and gracious.

5. Put Him first.
We all do it - put people above God.
It's a natural thing to do but a very empty one.
So I want to work on always putting God first,
and running to Him first before others.
People always let me down - but He never will.


Well peeps..there you have it!
Now what are your resolutions?!

1 comment:

  1. Love it girl! You can definitely do all of those things. I love how I started my post with "I love resolutions" and you started yours with "I hate resolutions" haha too funny. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love! xoxo